Talspar Business Services supplies management and consulting services in the
areas of logistics, operations, warehousing, transportation, purchasing, and
inventory control. Services are supplied on a contract basis. Services include
complete management of a facility, the analysis, recommendation, and
installation of materials handling equipment, reviewing building layout and
racking / shelving requirements, analysis of trucking costs and the writing of
processes or procedures and working with staff to insure their
Examples of Work Completed
- Management of 45,000 sq.ft. facility, $16.0 million sales, 45 staff
- Management of 25,000 sq.ft. facility, $6.0 million sales, 16 staff
- Instituted cost saving measures ranging from a simple revised filing systems to altering truck route systems involving five locations.
- Increased usable floor and shelf space by 8000 sq. ft. at a cost of less than $5.00 per sq.ft.
- Reduced receiving delay from 72 hours to less than 4 hours by implementing a streamlined receiving process.
- Revised job descriptions, analyzed and implemented changes in the processes for several positions including receiver, pick / pack / ship operations, customer returns, and counter.
- Main liaison between the principle and the owner/builder of a leased facility during an expansion doubling the size of the building while continuing to operate.
- Introduced measures to cut absenteeism by 60%
- Revising physical inventory instructions to ensure better control
- Reviewed equipment requirements and selected the optimal material handling equipment particularly suited to an application and negotiated purchase terms
- Forensic investigation of inventory variances.
- Opened, moved or rearranged over 60 facilities while remaining in full operation
Payment method is detailed in the contract terms but normally is by cheque on presentation of invoice - Net 10 days.
We are based in Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA and can routinely provide services in the GTA, Niagara and South-Western areas of Ontario.
You may contact us at:
e-mail: leo.reise (at) talspar (dot) ca